Monday, June 6, 2011

This is not in my own voice - I have many friends.  I wanted to do a villanelle suitable for a non-linear book I'm putting together, hence this.  I'm also putting a book together of my villanelles.  With this one I am officially villanelled out.


Secretary Bird Eggs


Darkness falls.  I have no friend.
Bite me like I'm buttered toast.
Come to Mommy in the end.

See the shades of day descend.
I am a guess about a ghost.
Darkness falls.  I have no friend.

In the blender all things blend.
I leave my faint.  I, unlike most,
come to.  Mommy, in the end,

intends the things I too intend.
Lightnessfalls I have (a host);
darknessfalls I have.  No friend

forsakes me, for I've none.  I tend
too many rabid sheep.  I boast.
Come to Mommy.  In the end

all must burn the cloth they mend.
Fly the flag of Barbary Coast.
Come to Mom, me, inn, the friend,
darkness, falls.  I have no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment